Scholarships from Fourchon Oilman's Association
The Fourchon Oilman’s Association is dedicated to improving the quality of education of our youth by providing scholarships to qualified high school seniors. The FOA will offer two(2) scholarships worth $4,000 each to a college or university bound student and two(2) scholarships worth $1,000 each to a community or technical college bound student beginning in the fall of the 2016 – 2017 school-year.
The goal of the scholarship program is to help students of exceptional promise reach their full potential through education. Scholarships are given for a wide variety of experiences, career goals and higher education plans.
Qualifications, Limitations, Requirements and Conditions
- Applicant is a graduating senior and must attend Central Lafourche High School, Covenant Christian Academy, E.D. White Catholic High School, Ellender Memorial High School, Grand Isle High School, H.L. Bourgeois High School, Houma Christian School, South Lafourche High School, South Terrebonne High School, Terrebonne High School, Thibodaux High School, or Vandebilt Catholic High School.
- Applicant has a grade point average of 2.5 or better and has taken the ACT or SAT Assessment.
- Applicant may choose to attend any state college or university of their choice and choose any curriculum leading towards a bachelor’s degree.
- One parent of applicant MUST be employed by a member or sponsor of the Fourchon Oilman’s Association in order to be eligible for this scholarship. If employment with the relative is terminated for any reason the recipient is eligible to continue receiving the award if the remaining requirements are met.
- Applicant should attach a typed one page narrative explaining the following:
“How has the oil industry influenced your life while living in South Louisiana?”
Scholarship recipients must attend an accredited two or four year traditional or technical college.
To apply for a scholarship, complete the appropriate form below.
Scholarship Application - College (100 KB)
Scholarship Application - Vo Tech (100 KB)
A completed application form along with a copy of ACT or SAT transcript must be post marked by April 7 to the following address:
|FOA Scholarship Committee
Attention: Joseph Orgeron
PO Box 1270
Cut Off, Louisiana 70345
If you have any questions about the process, please contact FOA president, Joseph Orgeron via email or via phone at (985) 325-7157.